Saturday, July 22, 2006

Omiyagi

Went to this really neat 9-story store called LoFT. It's like a Bed, Bath and Beyond/ gift store, but 100 times cooler because its target range is people in the 20's and young couples. I wouldn't mind setting up a wedding registry here, if xxxxx. Plus a paper/pen/ stationery/ office supply section with only the good stuff. And the prices were relatively reasonable. Nothing overwhelmingly original, but pleasantly design- conscious and usable. Their products reminded me of IKEA, but less sterile and more vivid. Like Anthropologie/ Urban Outfitters housewares, but less Euro chic, less artsy fartsy, and more simple. Like Book People, but in Japanese. Like The Cadeau, but less vintage, less hoity- toity, and more playful. Literally, I had to tear my eyes away to make progress towards the door. They also had a wide range of Roototes, so I broke down and bought a few as gifts (omiyagi). And the Breath Palette toothpaste tubes too, I got Pumpkin Pudding (tried it tonight, it wasn't so tasty).
I guess it sounds like I go shopping all the time because there is little else to do and I'm a very materialistic person. Well, all that is true. But don't worry, there is a way out. I care about people, not things! (Repeat: People, not things!)
Anyway, all these gifts I've accumulated over the weeks are really burning a hole through my thoughts. Just take them already! I can't wait to go back and see people I miss. Goodnight and yay for church tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»