Friday, August 28, 2009

"Walrus vs. Harris"

That was B's Twitter description of this 2007 Newsweek article on an interview between Sam Harris and Rick Warren.

Is it just me, or does Rick Warren sound like a obstinate dude just spewing embarrassingly unconvincing rehashed Christian cliches? And he shouldn't be let off the hook for ending the interview with Pascal's Wager. Everything he stands for should really be called into question based on that move.

I'm slowly getting through Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion. It's not a light or fun read, but it does bring up a lot of compelling points that are difficult to ignore if you believe in a Christian God. Definitely food for thought. I should be doing more research but I've never really had a taste for scientific facts. Guess that is the responsible thing to do, though.

Some people might say that Rick Warren isn't representative of American Christianity.. but I actually believe that it is. It's become distasteful.

No comments: