Thursday, April 16, 2009

Clarks Desert Boots

New trends always consume me at first (Americana/Heritage anyone?), but then I have to remember to treat my wardrobe as a more permanent portion of my possessions. With that said, I really love Clarks Desert Boots. Soldiers wore them in WWII, your parents probably wore them in the 70's, and all sorts of people wear them today. I am very impressed by all the collaborations they have done (too many to list, but mostly successful). I have been putting off getting a pair for a while because I have only seen them on men (stylin', of course), even after convincing my brother to get a but after reading the blog of Lesli Larsen (Archival Clothing- I have never been so thrilled to find a kindred spirit, who shares the same unabashed admiration for mens clothing as I do), and seeing a girl friend of mine wear the same Clarks Desert Treks as B, I decided that it was more than OK to wear what I want to and not be hindered by socially determined gender norms or whatever.

Going along with the waxed fabric craze, I am particularly impressed with the new waxed taupe version of the Desert Boots offered in the Spring 2009 line. Being leather and waxed, they will age beautifully. Too bad the smallest size is mens 8! (I wear 7.) Edit: I found a size 7, amazingly enough, on the amply stoked Onlineshoes.com. Wooh!



Sorta look like 90's Doc Martin's eh? Often imitated, but can never beat!

Img sources: high snobiety, hypebeast

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that exact brand. The prices as regards the velcros were around 320 bucks on every page. But definitively I found this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are approximately 320 dollars on every site. But finally I found this area selling them for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that exact make. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 200 bucks everwhere. But completely I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you tell me about these?