Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happiest Hour

Despite a major issue I had having to do with who was and wasn't invited, I had a jolly good time at Kristi's birthday party yesterday at Red House. It was the perfect weather outside, as we sat beneath a large tree on a long picnic bench. Even though I hadn't drank much or enjoyed it at all in the past few weeks, I ordered a Sangria to be polite and I think that made all the difference. Suddenly everyone around me was interesting and interested in my witty comments and I partly lost my voice from talking so much. Not typical Frances social behavior at all. Chatting can be thorougly enjoyable, I see. So that's the draw of Happy Hour!

Courtesy of my Gmail web clip, I love this quote (somewhat related to the issue):

After all, what is your host's purpose in having a party? Surely not for you to enjoy yourself; if they were their sole purpose, they'd have simply sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi.

-P.J. O'Rourke

No comments: