Friday, March 27, 2009

Twit, twat

The famous Fail Whale. There's a story behind that.

I'm starting to become more aware of Twitter. Yes, I have a Twitter. I mean that there has been a surge (4!) of people in my life who have joined and have begun to follow me. I find myself censoring my Twitters, or at least tailoring them to the interests of my followers. But wait, this application is for me, first and foremost. I used to be able to rant and rave about anything when it was just a "chat log" between me and B- he was my only follower for a while. So Twitter whatever the hell you want, says B, easy. But there are things I feel and think that I wouldn't say to most people I know in real life... but somehow I feel the urge to Twitter these comments because it's so immediately satisfying to let them out. So I guess the problem is not Twitter and other web apps that I halfheartedly use (mainly for staving off boredom), but the crutch they become in my communication outletting.

Blah blah. There will always be a newfangled thing I can complain about, but the basics of living and growing stay the same. At least as it relates to other humans. I think so? Trying to find out the "hows" and "whys" outside of what my parents taught me. Discovering now that I don't have to follow in their footsteps, and it's better that I don't. Is part of parenthood having your beloved children break to you that they reject parts or all of their upbringing? Can't even look forward to that.

No comments: