Thursday, October 22, 2009

Marais USA


Thanks to A Cup of Jo, I was turned on to a shoe company that makes classic and affordable (flats for $55??) women's shoes. And they're not for old women. I would love to own about 1/3 of their small collection. And then I probably wouldn't need to buy shoes again. Along with Keep Company, this is a shoe company I wish I could/would have started... Glad to know I am not the only one who despises 99.9% of women's shoes and am a target customer for companies like this. Happy to give them some more internet press with this post, too.

Love these Chelsea boots. Descended from English riding shoes, they were popularized by the Beatles. You used to have to do some deep thrift shopping to get a pair, which I never had the patience for. The other versions that existed were either a thick-soled workboot (which are an Australian classic), or were a slim and pointy toed mens dress shoe. Glad the originals are easily accessible again.


Marais USA

No comments: