Friday, January 16, 2009

meditation

Jesus, help me find my proper place
Jesus, help me find my proper place
Help me in my weakness
'Cos I'm falling out of grace

Jesus
Jesus

----
I find that I have extremely high standards for someone who isn't Ms. Fantastic herself. Oops.
And that I'm pretty lazy and have little patience for tinkering with old technology. Am checking out a Canon AE-1 Program tomorrow from a Craigslist buyer (prefer the all-black A-1 for looks, but that is only on eBay). I like the look of shots taken with old cameras, and this late 70's clunker has a Program (Auto) mode! Revolutionary for its time. Dunno how I'll like manual focus though. Using old cameras is such a labor of love. Too much love for things? I'm loving the military/rugged/understated look of the legendary Domke camera bags. It's almost enough to make me get the gear to fill it up. Trying not to become a gearhead and start out modest..


Edit 1/26/09: I got the Domke F-3x (in sand)! I made an offer to an Ebay seller after I saw the item location was Dallas, TX. Picked it up on the way back home this weekend. It fits my 3 camera bodies and 1 accessory or 2 camera bodies and a few accessories. The canvas and construction is solid. Love it! I look forward to carrying it around at all times (maybe make it my new purse?). : p

No comments: