Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Pain Game

1 second <------------------------------------------------------> whole life

When I was a little younger, I seriously thought about pain in one way, in the form of a question. Would you rather experience all the pain you will ever go through in one second and get it all over with or would you rather go about it the normal way, in a lifespan? Or would you choose somewhere along the continuum? Of course, concerning the one second deal, one has to ask then if such concentration of pain would kill a person on the spot, even if it was that brief. After turning it around in my head a little bit, I got around to realizing the blessing of not being able to predict times of suffering, from papercuts to a bloody death, and then decided that the natural way of things, not my way, was best.

No comments: